Offre publiée le 2022-05-26
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Civil / Transportation Engineer for our Orange, CA office. Be involved in projects with our Civil / Highway Design Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our clients objectives and solves their challenges.
The individual will be part of a team of talented professionals delivering transportation and infrastructure projects within the region.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual that would like to continue to grow their career while working on a variety transportation projects.
- The successful candidate will assist in the coordination of major projects through design completion, demonstrating creativity, foresight and technical judgment.
- Perform transportation design tasks for civil / highway projects requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design or engineering techniques and procedures.
- Assure that engineering services are commensurate with professional standards, client requirements, budget control scheduling, cost engineering / control, quality control and project objectives.
- Interact with clients, participate in technical project design meetings.
- Coordinate with other design disciplines, including structures, hydraulics / drainage, stormwater, traffic, electrical, utilities, right of way, and environmental.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSPs Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited program.
- Three to Five (3-5) years of related experience in the design of engineering activities for infrastructure projects.
- California PE registration, or ability to receive within 6 months.
- Experience on projects with Caltrans and / or FHWA oversight.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Microstation, Inroads SS10 and / or AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSPs Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSPs health, safety and drug / alcohol and harassment policies.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Knowledge of the Southern California Market.
- Knowledge and understanding of Caltrans Highway Design Manual, Design Standards and CAD Standards, AASHTO Highway Design Guide, California MUTCD, Greenbook / APWA standards, and other related standards.
- Experience coordinating and communicating with other technical disciplines and assigning and reviewing tasks to junior staff.