Civil Engineering Intern
Offre publiée le 2022-05-26
Byjoining our Civil Infrastructure team for your internship, youll be requiredto work with multidisciplinary teams of engineers, technicians, drafters andother collaborators.
Youll work on one or more projects, performing consultingengineering tasks, such as civil engineering studies, designs or detailedengineering.
Morespecifically, youll be asked to :
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings.
- Perform simple drainage and sewer sizing calculations.
- Apply established calculation and design methods.
- Assist experienced engineers, designers and technicians with their technical tasks.
- Perform quantity calculations for cost estimates.
- Help prepare reports and estimates.
- Support engineers or technicians during survey visits to client sites.
- Help monitor site work, as required.
- Participate in the detailed engineering of the outdoor development of industrial and mining sites and electrical substations.
- Participate in designing underground services (sewers, potable water, fire protection, electrical trenches and others).
- Help define and optimize road layouts, access roads and traffic lanes.
- Optimize backfill and excavation quantities.
- Draw up plans for infrastructure, drainage, underground services, roads and integrated developments for industrial projects.
- Strong communication and soft skills
- Aptitude for self-development
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering in progress
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Asset : bilingual (English and French)
- Asset : knowledge of Civil 3D software