Conseiller principal, Génie minier, Exploitation souterraine | Principal Advisor, Mine Engineering
Offre publiée le 2022-08-04
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Principal Advisor, Mine Engineering Underground to provide technical subject matter expert (SME) support and advice to manage all aspects of underground mining with respect to the Rio Tinto standards.
The role supports all Rio Tinto Minerals (RTM) assets across the portfolio, including assessment of potential acquisitions, the role requires effective engagement, communication and collaboration with multiple assets.
You will play a critical part in the area of underground mining on the way we plan, execute, and improve the underground mining process, as well as the way we manage underground technical aspects.
It includes supporting the execution of the mine plan to ensure safe and productive operation of the assets, ensuring that objectives are met in an efficient, cost effective, safe and environmentally responsible manner.
This role is a great opportunity to provide advice to technical teams, including contractors to enable optimization of work being executed and to support them in identifying, managing and mitigating major hazard risks across their activities.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industrys best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution.
With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Rio Tinto Minerals GM Technical , and working in a collaborative team and exciting environment within our global technical teams you will :
- Ensure compliance with Rio Tintos Standards with an emphasis on underground mining and geotechnical risk management.
- Identify hazards associated with the underground mine workings, working closely and effectively with the assets to secure and provide appropriate technical and engineering support.
- Liaise with Rio Tintos Centre of Excellence (CoE), Areas of Excellence, Rio Tinto Minerals stakeholders and other product groups to lead and manage the design and implementation of operational / processes, practices and tools globally.
- Provide strategic advisory and subject matter expert technical support.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to Rio Tinto accountable persons in accordance with internal standards and guidelines in addition to work performed by external consultants and independent reviewers.
- Participate in technical working groups and forums within Rio Tinto.
What youll bring
- Tertiary qualifications in mining engineering, engineering geology, civil engineering or geological sciences and substantial experience working in the field of mining engineering.
- Ability to quickly build robust business-focused relationships, establish credibility and influence internal and external stakeholders to drive consensus and collaboration.
- Proven experience and understanding of underground engineering and operations
- Demonstrated experience in leading projects or studies and implementing initiatives with a commitment to the safety of yourself and the team with a willingness to spend time at site, as required.
- Proven communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain productive technical networks at a senior level within a large complex global organisation.
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary technical team in problem solving.
What we offer
Be recognized for your contribution, youre thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing youve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidized private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of lifes reasons (vacation / annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance