Lead Tailings Engineer / Ingénieur(e) principal(e) en résidus miniers
Offre publiée le 2022-11-11
Lead Tailings Engineer
Due to continuing demand for tailings owners to comply with the GISTM standards, our Quebec operation is now looking for a Lead Tailings Engineer based in Quebec, to complement our existing Tailings and Mine Waste global service line.
GHD has a significant profile across the Asia Pacific region in tailings management and mine waste services for Tier 1 mining clients and the need for these clients in Canada, USA and other regions is increasing significantly.
Multiple locations availables : Montréal, Brossard or Québec
You will be responsible for leading small, medium and large project teams and working within the wider GHD global tailings and dams' community on projects for tailings storage facility planning, investigation and design.
These projects may be across multiple geographies. You will also have an opportunity to share your knowledge through GHD’s School of Tailings, our highly regarded global online training course
You will have a detailed knowledge of CDA / ANCOLD, GISTM, local regulations and other industry guidelines and be connected into networks across the industry.
You will ideally have a broad range of experience in planning, design, construction and governance services for tailings dams.
While this opportunity is a full-time role, flexible work options are also available.
As the Lead Tailings Engineer, you will work on a range of tailings projects to :
- Provide technical leadership, often in multi-disciplinary teams for planning, feasibility studies and detailed design project phases
- Lead tailings dam design including foundations, embankment dam stability, hydraulic analysis, water balance, deposition planning, groundwater analysis
- Scope and lead geotechnical investigations
- Undertake dam safety inspections and dam safety risk assessments
- Provide planning, operational and governance advice to our clients
- Provide construction certification and field engineering for tailings storage facility projects
- Develop client relationships, both nationally and internationally using your established networks.
- Mentor and train other GHD staff.
Qualifications / attributes :
- Degree in Engineering (Civil or Geotechnical)
- Masters in Geotechnical Engineering desirable
- Registered P.Eng. in Canada (Quebec)
- Substantial experience (10+ years) in tailings dams and mine waste engineering, ideally in a consulting environment, and relevant postgraduate qualifications are preferred
- Bilingual in English and French
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce.
GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
GHD is an employee-owned company with a stated vision and a determination to address humanity’s most urgent needs : to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.