Chief construction engineer | Project Management | National Surety
Offre publiée le 2022-11-21
From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best : helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times.
With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts the best the industry has to offer.
You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role
As an engineer specializing in construction project management, your main responsibility will be to guide and advise those responsible for surety intervention files within the National Surety Claims Team that are from the different regions of Canada.
You may also be called upon to give your opinion on specific cases to support the Surety Underwriting Team. The candidate will have the natural ability to create and maintain strong relationships with various stakeholders - both internal and external - while overseeing complex, end-to-end construction projects that fall under the responsibility of the surety claims.
You will also have the mandate to develop and implement a national quality control system, based on our Best Practices in the handling of construction project management.
Are you ready to work in a team that values your innovation, determination, and leadership? Join our team and make a difference !
As Canada's leading surety provider, we are accelerating our leadership to design fast, simple, and empathetic experiences for all surety stakeholders.
Do these characteristic traits apply to you?
- Confidence to cultivate a new national role?
- Are you constantly improving?
- Are you focused on deadlines and goals?
- Good enough never makes you happy?
- Do you like detail focused on goals and priorities?
- Are you thorough and precise as well as highly organized?
If so, the position of Chief Engineer Construction Project Surety Claims - is the perfect opportunity for you !
The Chief Engineer Construction Project Surety Claims - will work with the Surety Claims Team at the Canadian level, in particular, when the surety intervenes, take over and complete public construction projects on general contractors or subcontractors bonded contracts when they were in default on the performance of their contract.
Your main responsibilities include and are not limited to :
Construction project management
- Advise and support Claims analysts on surety intervention files
- Supervise or prepare proposals and cost estimates
- Oversee project progress, invoicing and final procedures while recommending changes
- Management of regional and national framework contracts between Intact and various consulting engineering firms (vendors), with the procurement team
- Support Claim Analysts in their supervision of contractors or subcontractors selected on small or large public construction projects so that they are completed on time and within budget
- Carry out site visits and standard audits with Claims Analyst
- Support, as needed, the implementation of a follow-up plan to monitor their progress and performance, in collaboration with the various stakeholders
- Identify and participate in solving problems on construction sites to minimize delays
- Analyze and understand project requirements
- Help the surety team to support contractors to ensure integration of their activities in the projects under the responsibility of the surety
- Ensure that the surety receives quality services from its various suppliers
- Ensure that our Best Practices in Construction Project are respected and followed by internal stakeholders and external construction project management firms
- Participate when accurate in or set up site / project meetings and oversee or prepare regular reports to communicate project progress within and beyond the project team
- If necessary, liaise with other operational sectors of the organization (Surety Underwriting, Regions Surety Director, Managers and Technicians).
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering
- Be an active member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec or of any other province professional association
8 to 10 years of experience in an engineering consulting firm (experience in public construction contracts)
- Bilingualism is essential (French and English spoken and written)
- Communication skills (written and verbal);
- Desire and ability to work in a team and in a fast-paced environment
As a full-time employee, your benefits include :
- A competitive salary
- An annual performance bonus
- A defined benefit pension plan
- Flexible working hours
- Premium medical and dental insurance
- And many other benefits (fitness subsidy, internal training, etc.)
LI-Prof #LI-Hybrid #IN-QC
What we offer
Working here means you'll be empowered to be and do your best every day. Here is some of what you can expect as a permanent member of our team :
A financial rewards program that recognizes your success
An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan; we match 50% of net shares purchased
An extensive flex pension and benefits package, with access to virtual healthcare
Flexible work arrangements
Possibility to purchase up to 5 extra days off per year
An annual wellness account that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
A dynamic workplace learning ecosystem complete with learning journeys, interactive online content, and inspiring programs
Inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities
Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
A Community Impact program, because what you care about is a part of what makes you different. And how you contribute to your community should be just as unique.
We are an equal opportunity employer
At Intact, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected, and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity.