Field Test Engineer
The Engineering Institute of Canada
Offre publiée le 2023-03-16
With a global presence in 28 countries with offices worldwide, SEGULA GROUP fosters a close relationship with its customers thanks to the expertise of its 11, employees.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is an Engineering and Design Services company with a proven ability to boost innovation and competitiveness within the major industrial sectors, including Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Energy, Rail, Naval, Pharmaceutical, and Oil and Gas.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is hiring several Test and Commissioning Engineer to join our growing team in V&V department, dedicated to REM expansion project.
The Test and Commissioning Engineer, you will support REM infrastructure installation, test, and commissioning activities in field environments.
- Expert in railway Signaling test & commissioning : Signaling principles, operation of the line from the control center, able to explain the system to an operator, troubleshooting train control & train supervision systems, Software installation, logs retrieval,
- Use of test fixtures and follow functional test procedures.
- Identify operational and technical problems and assist in practical solutions and improvements to system design.
- Interface with customers, consultants, and installation contractors, as needed.
- Act as Lead Test and Commissioning Engineer in directing other test personnel
- Perform installation and testing of field modifications. This may be performed on "live" circuits and on new or existing equipment.
- Assist in the installation and test of factory and field modifications. This may be performed on "live" circuits and on new or existing equipment.
- Assist in the installation and adjustment of various signaling equipment (switch machine, trip stops, track circuits, code systems, Carborne, etc.).
- Accurately complete test documentation, data sheets, marking plans, expense reports, daily logs, and lost time and discrepancy reports.
- Maintain location plans to reflect the "as installed or as tested" condition of locations under test.
- Must maintain highest regard for safety, fail safeness, system reliability, and system integrity.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline.
Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience testing Signaling, Train Control Systems or related Electrical / Electronic systems.
Previous hands-on experience with test equipment (VOMs, DMMs, voltage meters, oscilloscopes, frequency counters, digital multimeters, and signal generators).
Working knowledge of signaling products and "vital" and "non-vital" circuit concepts.
Proven railway safety awareness.
Proven troubleshooting skills for problem identification and resolution.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
Knowledge of Linux and / or Windows operating systems
Knowledge of C++, Visual Basic, and / or Java programming languages
Knowledge of software test tools, such as ClearQuest.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES est une entreprise attachée à la mixité et à la diversité, nous reconnaissons et recrutons tous les talents.3 days ago
Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir ajouter un emploi aux favoris
Connexion ou Créez un compte