27 novembre 2020Génie et ingénierie : quelle est la différence? Lire l'article
Underground Long Range Planning Engineer
what do you value in a career?
At Agnico Eagle, our values never waver. We believe in trust, respect, equality, family and responsibility. Why? Because they express who we are and they have helped us succeed in business for over 60 years.
what does agnico eagle value?
We value you – your unique set of skills and experience. We value your willingness to build those skills and make a meaningful contribution to our company. And, we value your commitment to treat every person on our team with respect, helping us to operate safely, protect the environment and make a positive contribution to our local communities.
About Meadowbank Complex and Our Nunavut Operations
Agnico Eagle is always looking for new talented team members to join our Nunavut mining operations. We have been operating Meadowbank, our first Low Arctic mine, near Baker Lake for over nine years. The mine produced its three millionth ounce of gold in 2018. 2019 is anticipated to be the last year of the Meadowbank mine production and we are now transitioning to processing ore from the satellite deposit Amaruq, which achieved commercial production on September 30th, 2019. Amaruq ore is transported using long haul off-road type trucks to the process plant at the Meadowbank facilities for processing. The mining, processing and infrastructure at the Meadowbank mine site and the mining and infrastructure at the Amaruq site are together referred to as the Meadowbank Complex. Please note that this job opening is for the Amaruq Site.
Reporting to the Underground Project Engineer, the Underground Long Range Planning Engineer is part of the Engineering Department and collaborates with other departments of the mine. The Underground Long Range Planning Engineer will play a critical role in the transition of the underground project from exploration to engineering as they will provide competent and professional long term mine planning. They will consider the LOM, underground mine designs, production plans, forecasting and other mining engineering support considerations, including providing specific data and designs to other sectors of engineering. They will ensure that the goals and objectives are achieved, while promoting and respecting Agnico Eagle’s culture, Health & Safety Code of Conduct and the environment.
- Prepare and implement the life of mine (LOM), budget and necessary economic analysis for mine operation and underground infrastructures;
- Perform semi-annual mining reserves (MRMR) and mine stope optimization (MSO) exercises for the underground resource;
- Present forecasts to operations for approval;
- Develop, prepare and design the Strategic LT Mining Plan and assess opportunities;
- Receive and analyze new mine design guidelines (block model, economical parameters);
- Integrate underground planning schedule with current open pit structure;
- Develop tools, procedures and systems to ensure robust long range planning;
- Provide mining expertise and coaching to junior team members, where required.
What You Need To Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering;
- 5+ years of experience in underground mining operations with emphasis on production & mine planning;
- Professional designation (P.Eng) in the Northwest Territories/Nunavut or able to quickly obtain your designation;
- Excellent knowledge of underground mining, preferably gold deposits;
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office suites, AutoCAD and mine design/planning software, particularly Deswik;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team;
- Strong ability to effectively communicate in English (Oral and written). Selected candidates must attain a passing mark on a Speexx English language assessment.
Your Work Schedule:
- Schedule: Monday to Friday; position based at AEM office in Mirabel, Quebec;
- NOTE: For the first 1-3 months after hire, the candidate will be required to work 7/7 rotations at our Amaruq mine site. The candidate will then transition to a 5-2 from Mirabel with travels on site when required (more frequent at the beginning of the employment). The candidate will then transition to a Monday-Friday schedule afterwards. Flights, meals and accommodations at the Amaruq site provided by AEM. Charter flight services out of Mirabel or Val-d’Or airports.
Join the family
If you are interested in building a career and a sustainable future for Nunavut, learn more about our opportunities.
Our Recruitment Team is looking forward to having you onboard. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected will be contacted.
Attention! Très important!
Veuillez préciser dans votre lettre de présentation que vous avez vu l'offre d'emploi sur Génie-inc. Merci.