18 novembre 2019Comment composer avec un collègue paresseux Lire l'article
Research and Development Engineer – Software Architect
Location: Québec City
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
The ABB Measurement & Analytics plant in Québec City is one of the world’s leading spectroscopy facilities for several industrial analysis needs. Our contract engineering service is Canada’s largest provider of space optical sensors for greenhouse gases and weather monitoring worldwide. The plant is recognized for its expertise in the development and manufacture of optical sensing industrial products.
As such, you will act as a software architect within the software development team. The software development team is responsible for analyzing, designing, executing and integrating the company’s software solutions (Software and Firmware).
- Pursuing new ideas for technological innovation and sharing expertise in team meetings and technical reports.
- Expanding your knowledge base of customer needs and technological developments.
- Participate in the product support, in conjunction with other departments of the company.
- Participate in the project estimate phases, functional analysis, design and code reviews and in-production transfer.
- Participate in integration testing.
- Participate in document writing.
- Managing project parameters, processes and tools and assessing how R&D activities contribute to broader business goals.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- University degree in computer science.
- Good knowledge of Linux systems and C/C++ programming languages, Python and JAVA.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and modelling (UML, Magic Draw, Enterprise Architect).
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- Passionate, resourceful and rigorous. Ability to work as a team due to the nature of our projects. Your integration and listening skills will be an essential asset for successful organizational development.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies, autonomy, initiative, concern for order and quality
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
Attention! Très important!
Veuillez préciser dans votre lettre de présentation que vous avez vu l'offre d'emploi sur Génie-inc. Merci.
Partagez cet emploi!
Laisser un commentaire
Vous devez être connecté pour publier un commentaire.