18 avril 2019Étudiants en génie : 5 astuces pour vos examens finaux Lire l'article
Senior Engineer – Aircraft Performance – Montreal – Dorval
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Senior Engineer, Aircraft Performance is responsible for managing the design, development and analysis aspects of aircraft performance and to assist the Chief Pilots with policy, standards, procedures and data in accordance with Transport Canada regulations. This position will ensure that expert technical consultation and support is provided to other departments and branches as required in all matters involving aircraft performance.
- Manage the design, development and analysis aspects of aircraft performance (policies, standards, procedures, software, and data) in accordance with industry best practices and regulatory requirements;
- Develop and maintain expertise in all technical areas of aircraft performance, including performance during tak-off, climb, cruise, descent, approach and landing, as well as mission analysis, terminal area procedure design, fuel consumption analysis and weight & balance;
- Generate aircraft performance and operating data from manufacturer’s data, from the approved Airplane Flight Manual or from other source material;
- Review drafts of Airplane Operating Manual (AOM), Quick Reference Handbook (QRH) and Minimum Equipment List (MEL) with a focus on content related to aircraft performance;
- Perform technical reviews of airport analyses, missed approach procedures and engine-out procedures that make use of ground-based navigation and RNP;
- Define and manage procedures used for the preparation of route analyses;
- Ensure airplane noise constraints are complied with by developing noise abatement procedures and policies as required;
- Participate in the development of aircraft weight & balance procedures and prepare or validate airplane empty weight reports;
- Monitor aircraft fuel consumption to set flight planning fuel flow factors and to identify potential aerodynamic or engine deficiencies;
- Investigate maintenance or flight crew reports of over-burning engines;
- Develop and maintain driftdown/decompression escape route procedures as required;
- Develop and maintain city pair Cost Indices;
- Develop and maintain flight planning performance data modules to ensure flight planning data is consistent with aircraft performance and company policies and procedures;
- Develop and implement cost reduction/fuel savings procedures;
- Prepare route analyses in support of the Commercial branch’s network planning and scheduling activities;
- Monitor, develop and manage evolving technologies for distribution of performance data to flight crews and flight dispatchers;
- Proactively manage the development of internal tools and databases, such as those used for airport analysis, route analysis and fuel bias calculation;
- Monitor the evolution of information technology and changes to internal IT systems, in order to improve safety, productivity and operational efficiency;
- Provide technical advice on performance capability of new aircraft or aircraft modifications under evaluation by Aircraft Programs. Provide input on performance guarantee matters related to new aircraft acquisitions;
- Support and mentor Engineer, Aircraft Performance, Senior Technician, Aircraft Performance and Technician, Aircraft Performance;
- Provide expert technical consultation and support to other departments and branches as required in all matters related to aircraft performance
- Act as a Process Improvement Leader. Ensure that the Aircraft Performance Procedures Manual (APPM) is updated when required in a timely manner;
- Assist the Manager, Aircraft Performance and Engineering and Manager, Aircraft Performance with the management of the departmental relationships with aircraft performance data and technology suppliers;
- Act as a designated aircraft performance representative as described in the Aircraft Performance Procedures manual (APPM);
- Contribute to the Flight Dispatchers’ training program and to the Pilots’ initial and annual training programs through the preparation and delivery of technical presentations related to aircraft performance;
- Manage technical and business projects as directed by Manager, Aircraft Performance and Engineering or Manager, Aircraft Performance;
- Assist Manager, Aircraft Performance and Engineering and Manager, Aircraft Performance with the hiring of employees and co-op students;
- Manage the Safety Management System (SMS) responsibilities for Aircraft Performance and Engineering in accordance with Section 2.6 of the Flight Operations Safety and Quality Manual (FOSQM);
- Assume safety responsibilities in accordance with Sections 1.3.7 and 1.3.8 of the Corporate Safety Management Manual (CSMM).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering is required. A degree with a focus in aeronautical engineering/science is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related professional experience in aircraft performance and/or weight & balance engineering.
- Strong understanding of aeronautical engineering principles, aerodynamics, flight mechanics of multi-engine commercial jet aircraft, and flight planning
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite.
- Experience with database and programming software, especially FORTRAN and Visual Basic.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Airbus and Boeing aircraft performance documents and software is an asset.
- Solid understanding of airline operations in domestic and international environments in order to efficiently integrate technical and business aspects is an asset.
- Organized, extremely attentive to detail and highly safety conscious.
- Linguistic requirements (Proficiency level 1-4): Ability to communicate in both written and oral English at an advanced (University Degree equivalent) level. Additional linguistic requirements Level 3 – Bilingual (ideal).
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Attention! Très important!
Veuillez préciser dans votre lettre de présentation que vous avez vu l'offre d'emploi sur Génie-inc. Merci.
Partagez cet emploi!
Laisser un commentaire
Vous devez être connecté pour publier un commentaire.