19 août 2019Un(e) ingénieur(e) en pétrole et en gaz, ça fait quoi? Lire l'article
Sr. Mechanical Engineer – Montreal
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Immersion’s haptic technology brings the power of touch to billions of devices around the world. With touch, we make people’s digital lives more personal, vivid, and meaningful. Headquartered in San Jose, we work with leading mobile, gaming, wearable, AR/VR, and automotive companies to enhance and revolutionize how users interact with their devices and machine interfaces.
More than ever before, haptics is at the forefront of emerging technologies poised to transform the world. Over 3 billion devices have shipped with our software and IP and we’ve only just begun to tap into the possibilities offered by touch.
We’re a small team and in the early stages of achieving our vision. Come help us lead the haptics revolution.
What we are looking for:
Immersion is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer with an innovative bent who will help us drive the advancement of haptic technology to new horizons. The successful candidate will be involved in ideation, design, development, and implementation of electromechanical elements in our haptic interfaces in ground-breaking areas like virtual/augmented reality, mobile devices, tactile internet, and automotive.
The successful candidate must have a detailed understanding of the scientific method to create hypotheses and verify them through design and implementation of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices. Responsibilities include: the generation of quick prototype-level testing samples; design, characterization and reporting on the functionality and performance of the haptic prototypes; creation of mechanical reference designs, demonstration devices and related documentation for customer-facing presentations. The ideal candidate will have a strong documented record of creative mechanical design and rapid prototyping, and knowledge of a variety of manufacturing processes.
This position requires interaction with several other teams beyond the advanced development team, including user experience (UX) and Research groups. A strong team-oriented mindset with a self-starter attitude is essential.
What you will do:
- Implement new haptic interfaces
- Design, develop and integrate all mechanical components
- Select and integrate actuators and sensors
- Be ready to ‘make’ prototypes
- Test and characterize performance of haptic interfaces
- Support research activities as needed
- Develop significant specialized knowledge in several areas of haptics
- Develop intellectual property of all kinds, including contributing to patent applications
- Create reference designs related to haptic interfaces
- Travel abroad as needed to present your work
Your Qualifications should include:
- Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Robotics, or related field with 5+ years of experience in mechanical engineering design and prototyping
- Experience designing and prototyping mechanical and electromechanical systems
- Experience as a CAD designer (3+ years of experience, Solidworks preferred)
- Experience working with a variety of actuators and sensors
- Experience with rapid prototyping tools such as 3D printers
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (e.g. casting, molding, machining, die-cutting, etc.) and materials (e.g. plastics, metals, glass, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of simulation and analysis methods (e.g. FEA)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary groups and alone
- Ability to travel to the U.S.A., Asia and Europe
Additional pluses include:
- Mechanical engineering design and prototyping of haptic interfaces
- Dynamic analysis of electromechanical systems
- Magnetic modeling work
- Advanced materials and actuation systems experience
- Your designs implemented as tangible products in the marketplace
We look forward to hearing from you!
Immersion – An Equal Opportunity Employer
Immersion’s policy is to comply with all applicable laws and to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to non-job-related factors such as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
Attention! Très important!
Veuillez préciser dans votre lettre de présentation que vous avez vu l'offre d'emploi sur Génie-inc. Merci.
Partagez cet emploi!
Laisser un commentaire
Vous devez être connecté pour publier un commentaire.