18 avril 2019Étudiants en génie : 5 astuces pour vos examens finaux Lire l'article
Location: Québec City
Nature of position
In cooperation with company management, your job will mainly consist of designing glued-laminated, cross-laminated, and laminated-nailed wood structures and the assembly thereof for various projects developed by the company. In addition, along with the project management team, you will work closely with the architects, consulting engineers, clients, suppliers, and other partners, in order to gather and apply the information necessary in order to carry out value-added engineering on various projects. As such, you will:
- Design structures;
- Produce structural calculations;
- Ensure that the projects meet industry standards as well as client expectations;
- Verify shop drawings;
- Write up specifications and technical reports on occasion;
- Produce detail drawings;
- Take part in research and development on new products;
- Take part in developing bids and estimates;
- Carry out any other tasks related to your duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, wood engineering, construction engineering, or other relevant engineering studies;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in structural design;
- Highly fluent in French and English (spoken and written);
- Knowledge of solidwood such as glulam, cross laminated timber, nail laminated timber, etc., is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of CadWork software, as well as experience with 3D modelling, manufacturing using CAD/CAM, and structural installation, are considered assets;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, of SAFI, RFEM, and RSTAB, and of the National Building Code, CSA O86, NDS-2015, and Eurocode 5, are also considered assets.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company’s policy and candidate’s experience.
Attention! Très important!
Veuillez préciser dans votre lettre de présentation que vous avez vu l'offre d'emploi sur Génie-inc. Merci.
Partagez cet emploi!
Laisser un commentaire
Vous devez être connecté pour publier un commentaire.